All bookings made on Silver Line Cruisers Ltd, (including Travel
Agency bookings) are made subject to the following conditions:
- A craft is booked only when the booking form is signed and completed by the hirer and returned to us together with 50% of the total hire charge as a deposit. The balance is payable at the place of embarkment on the date stated on the Booking Form.
- In the event of a cancellation we should be notified immediately and we will endeavour to re-let the cruiser. If this is successful a processing fee of 15% of the total hire fee will be charged. If we are unsuccessful in re-letting the cruiser the hirer is responsible for the full amount. Where a customer chooses to return a cruiser before the period of hire has expired, no refund shall be made.
Covid related cancellation only: In the event of cancellation due to Covid restrictions, please do notify us immediately of cancellation and the booking will be cancelled free of charge and a flexible voucher will be issued for the full amount of the booking deposit paid.
- Bookings are accepted subject to the craft being available, as there is always the possibility of a previous hirer causing accidental damage, which would hold up the craft for repair. In this event every effort will be made to supply a similar craft, if this is not possible the deposit shall be returned to them in full, but the hirer shall have no claim whatsoever against the owner.
- Pets are not permitted on board our cruisers.
- The craft must not be taken below Killaloe. Cruising after dark is prohibited.
- We shall not be responsible for any delay caused by floods, repairs or damage to navigational works.
- All hire periods commence after 16.00 and terminate at 10.00a.m on the final day of the booking period. We will endeavour to arrange flexible arrival & departures times for short break cruises.
- Customers on standard group Airport transfers may experience delay while waiting for other flights to arrive & depart.
- The craft must be returned not later than 10a.m. in a clean condition throughout with full-HVO and water tanks on the day on which the hirer period terminates. If the hirer fails to return the craft in due time, as stated above , they shall pay the owners €200-€500 for every day or part of a day which the craft is delayed away from base, plus any consequential damage or loss for breach of contract.
- No experience is necessary but we reserve the right to refuse to hand over to any hirer who in our opinion is not considered suitable to take charge.
- Persons under the age of 18 years are not permitted to hire our craft unless we have written consent of their parent or guardian, who must take full responsibility and accept the Conditions of Hire.
- On take over, a trial run will be given to familiarise hirer with craft. After this trial run the hirer shall take full responsibility for the craft and her equipment.
- If any repairs or adjustments become necessary the owners must be notified immediately. Repairs cannot be carried out by any other firm without the owner’s permission.
- We at all times try to give a specific description of craft, but we shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
- It is in your interest, as well as ours, that non-slip shoes should be worn on board.
- A free car park is provided to our customers, but the owners accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur.
- The company will not be responsible for time loss due to breakdowns, damage or other defects and no financial adjustments can be made in these circumstances.
- Only crew members named on the booking form are admitted to hire our craft and the company takes no responsibility for other persons boarding our craft.
- A returnable deposit of €800 to €1,500 must be paid by the hirer upon arrival (depending on the class of cruiser). If no loss or damage has occurred to the cruiser, its contents, dinghy or third party, the deposit will be returned in full. Please note that security deposit may also be withheld if grounding occurs. Alternatively a non-refundable insurance waiver for weekly rentals only is available ranging from €200 – €300 which will reduce your refundable deposit to €200. INSURANCE CONDITION: This covers damage to the boat only, replacements items are not covered under this insurance waiver and will be charged for is lost or damaged. Once the cruiser is returned on time, clean, refuelled and no damage occurs to the boat, a third party or dinghy, this €200 is fully refunded. This Option is not available on the Silver Shadow cruiser. The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage arising out of the deliberate acts on their part or negligent conduct. In the event of any accident or incident, the hirer must notify the company immediately with names and details of any witnesses and details of owners or other hirers if another craft is involved.
- All extras must be paid upon arrival to the marina. HVO (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil) used will be paid on completion of the hire period. Bicycles are hired at clients risk and Silver Line accepts no responsibility for loss or injury sustained by the hirer.
- Injury or damage to you or your personal property. We advise hirers that there is no insurance cover provided for personal injury, death or loss or damage to their property including cars or any motor vehicles parked at the marina under this hiring contract. We recommend hirers to obtain separate insurance for these risks.
Before departing our marina, make sure that your outboard motor is in good running order, as we do not facilitate a repair service for outboard motor outside our marina, and we do not offer refunds or cash adjustments for this at the end of the hire period. A separate refundable deposit of €150 is paid upon arrival for the hiring of the outboard motor. If the outboard motor is lost or stolen the hirer is responsible for the full replacement.